In this ongoing series, Auxano Co-founder, Chief Executive Officer, and Senior Lead Navigator Jim Randall is interviewed by Gary Moritz, Church Revitalization Futurist, Strategist, Professor, and pastor of City United Church in Boston.
In this episode - the fifth in a series - Gary and Jim continue the conversation around clarity and vitality when it comes to understanding your mission in Revitalization.
Here are a few of the main ideas from the podcast:
- True vitality begins with that true level of understanding of clarity. And most churches need both vitality and they need a new identity.
- These are the five irreducible questions of clarity that quite frankly are going to lead to that church revitalization:
- What are we doing?
- Why are we doing it?
- How are we doing it?
- When are we successful?
- Where is God taking us?
- As a leader, you have to do your best to make sure that leaders and people who are part of your church understand the answer and understand how the church communicates its answers to these five questions.
- If you don't have clarity in this area, you're going to have confusion.
- At the end of the day, that clarity comes in the form of how we communicate, how we articulate the words that we use.
- Have we taken the great commission and translated it for the people in your church, for those people to live that mission?
- There's a tool that we call the A to B framework . A is who we're trying to reach. And then the B is what's our desired outcome?
- And when you link those together, you be surprised how quickly you can come up with a pretty good draft of a mission statement.
> To employ an honest assessment of your vision language, download your copy of Auxano’s tool for breakthrough leaders: The Vision Headwaters TeamUP.